Even though they are just an Apple accessory, AirPods can be connected wirelessly to other devices. All of your Apple devices, including the iPhone and iPod touch, can easily sync with AirPod on your Mac computer.
However, just like other wireless speakers or headphones, AirPods can be paired with a Google Chromebook using Bluetooth.
First, figure out why my AirPods won’t connect to my Chromebook.
But, why won’t my AirPods connect to my Chromebook? If the AirPods and Chromebook aren’t connecting, there probably is a connection problem. Check to see if Bluetooth is on in a nearby iOS device or Mac—this could prevent the Chromebook and AirPods cannot communicate. Additionally, try restarting your AirPods and reconnecting.
Your Bluetooth is enabled and prepared for pairing. The details are on the right side of your Chromebook’s desktop.
Table of Contents
How To Connect Your Airpods To Your Chromebook?
Traditionally, only various Apple products are intended to pair with Apple AirPods. However, other devices, like Chromebooks, can pair with AirPods using the Bluetooth settings on your laptop.
Close any video or music apps on your iPhone or other Apple devices before connecting. When pairing to a Chromebook (or any other device), issues can arise if AirPods are connected to an Apple device and are in the middle of playing back.
Turning on Bluetooth settings is required to pair AirPods with a Chromebook. How to connect your Chromebook and AirPods is shown below.
- Choose the Menu option from the screen of the Chromebook. Next to the battery level and digital clock in the lower-right corner of the screen is the network icon. Options for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, notifications, and other features are available from this menu.
- If Bluetooth isn’t already connected, choose it and turn it on. The Chromebook begins automatically looking for wireless devices as soon as Bluetooth is turned on.
- Have the charging case with the AirPods inside and the AirPods on hand.
Keep the AirPods’ charging case close by so you can recharge them. The battery of any wireless device can be drained by Bluetooth connections. The battery life of an AirPod is approximately five hours, and the case can extend that by up to 24 hours.
- Press and hold the Setup button on the back of the AirPods case if the Bluetooth list on the Chromebook doesn’t automatically show the AirPods. The AirPods should be discovered shortly.
To keep the AirPods’ Bluetooth connection, stay within 20 feet of the Chromebook.
- On the Chromebook, select the AirPods from the list of Bluetooth Available Devices. Verify any requests that the Chromebook asks you to make.
The AirPods case’s LED light turns green once they are linked, and the Chromebook’s Bluetooth settings display a connected status.
- Now, the Chromebook and AirPods are connected. You can control the volume of the AirPods from the Chromebook once they have been paired.
See more about Why won’t My AirPods Connect To My MacBook?
How To Pair My Airpods With My Chromebook?
Although it might not seem like it, Chromebooks and AirPods are allies because of the AirPod’s universal Bluetooth connection. To play simple audio, including on your Chromebook, Bluetooth enables AirPods users to connect to a variety of devices.
Confirm Your Bluetooth Settings
The basics should be finished first, such as making sure your Chromebook is fully charged and that your AirPods are connected to your Chromebook and fully charged. If you’ve never used AirPods before or if you have an Apple device in your bag and have never used AirPods before.
For your convenience, we advise connecting them to that Apple device first before completing the AirPods setup and naming procedure. This way, you won’t have to worry about that in the future.
- The clock and settings icons can be found in the bottom-right corner of the Chrome OS home screen. The network icon and radar symbol are used to represent Quick Settings.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Quick Settings. You can access the settings menu, which provides access to a variety of data, including your wireless connectivity. The screen’s middle, upper right corner contains the Bluetooth button. Check the button to ensure it is blue and says “on.” Choosing the drop-down menu next to the button will enable the Chrome OS Bluetooth if, for some reason, it appears to have been turned off. Then, continue.
Locate Your Airpods
To complete this task, don’t forget to bring your AirPods! In addition to making sure both of your AirPods are inside the case, make sure it is charged.
- Click Chrome’s Bluetooth button. By pressing this button, the Bluetooth tool looks for nearby gadgets that are compatible with it. Once the search is complete, your AirPods will have been located and listed as a pairing option, denoted by a headphones icon. If you’ve already set up your AirPods, your name is printed on them.
- If your Chromebook isn’t in range, turn the AirPod case over and look for the button on the back if your AirPods are. The apple setup button is present. Your Chromebook will be prompted to identify it as a connected device after you press it once.
Make Sure Your Airpods Are Connected To Your Chromebook
- Click the AirPods you want to connect to the Chromebook with once you’ve found them in the list. It might require a while.
- The Bluetooth section’s status symbol will be updated to reflect the connection of your AirPods to Chromebook, and a pop-up will appear letting you know about it. The connection needs to be verified if it’s your first time.
- After playing a brief audio clip for a few seconds, turn up the Chromebook’s audio volume to the level necessary for using AirPods. You can choose the AirPods option at any time if you want to disconnect the device once you’ve finished. To achieve a similar outcome in this scenario, press and hold your Setup button.
Chromebook And Airpods Compatibility
The results aren’t as good when connected directly to an Apple device, such as an iPhone or MacBook, even though the AirPods are simple to connect via Bluetooth. Many AirPod features are exclusive to Apple’s product.
Unlike on iOS or other devices, Siri cannot be activated or used directly through AirPods. There will be a disablement of additional features like AirPod battery detection.
These features won’t work with tools like Chromebooks if you have AirPods that support Dolby Atmos Spatial Audio. Apple has added Spatial Audio support to Android devices, but only for a select few models, and only with wired headphones, not AirPods.
Pro Tip For Brand New Airpods
There is something you might want to do first if you recently purchased a pair of AirPods but own a Chromebook. If you have an Apple device, first pair your AirPods with it. Apple will walk you through the setup process, go over some of the features, and let you give your AirPods a name. If you’ve never used AirPods before, it’s a great place to start. After that, you can connect them to your Chromebook without having to worry about Apple’s setup.
Troubleshooting Tips For Airpods With Chromebook
- You can try to reset your AirPods to see if that helps if something goes wrong. You just need to put your AirPods in the charging case, snap the lid shut, and wait for 30 seconds. While you are waiting, use your Chromebook to “forget” the Try again after Bluetooth pairing with your AirPods.
- If that doesn’t work, try turning off Bluetooth entirely in your Chromebook’s Bluetooth menu. After a brief delay, turn Bluetooth back on and try to re-establish contact with your AirPods.
- For proper updating, AirPods must be connected to an Apple device. Make sure to occasionally disconnect from your Chromebook and pair your AirPods with an iPhone or another Apple device so they can sync and automatically update if you use your AirPods primarily on your Chromebook.
- Some users may want to switch to Chromebooks even though they currently use their AirPods mostly with other devices. Check to see if, in that situation, each time you take off and put on your AirPods, they immediately establish a connection with another device. As you pair the AirPods, keep them in their case.
- IT administrators may occasionally be in charge of managing Bluetooth connections. Without getting specific permission, you might not be able to connect your own AirPods to a Chromebook that you use for work or school.
- Keep in mind that Chromebooks’ Bluetooth range and that of Bluetooth devices like AirPods can vary. If you move farther than 20 feet away, they might start having problems.
- AirPods, especially the AirPods Pro 2, allow you to customize some of the touch controls for specific actions via Settings on an When AirPods are connected to a different device, such as a Chromebook, this customization might not function, resulting in different functionality.
I Can’t Get My Airpods To Work With My Chromebook; Why?
There most likely is a connection issue if the AirPods aren’t working with the Chromebook. Check to see if Bluetooth is enabled on any nearby Macs or iOS devices; if it is, the AirPods may not be able to connect to the Chromebook. Additionally, try restarting your AirPods and connecting once more.
How Can I Hook Up My Chromebook To My TV?
Your Chromebook’s HDMI port or a USB-C port with an adapter must be connected in order to connect your Chromebook to a TV. The other cable end should be inserted into a TV’s HDMI port. Set the TV to the proper input channel and turn on the Chromebook. Turn on Mirror Internal Display under Displays > Settings > the clock icon.
How Do I Connect A Chromebook To A Printer?
Choose the clock icon > Settings > Advanced > Printing > Printers to add a printer to a Chromebook for wireless printing. A printer can be added by selecting Add a Printer. This will only function if your printer is linked to a Wi-Fi network.
The Bottom Line
While AirPods best fit the interests of users of the native Apple ecosystem, there are ways to work around the compatibility issues and enjoy their quality sound on your Make sure your Chromebook supports Bluetooth functionality, and you’re good to go!
We hope this guide has helped you avoid the needless expense of buying a new set of headphones now that you are aware of how to connect AirPods to your Chromebook. Despite some of the missing features, we also hope you enjoy the listening experience.
Have you tried using a Chromebook to pair your AirPods with? What did you think of it? Tell us more!